LOL Ministry facilitates an environment conducive for interns to not only mature in relationship with God, but also to further accomplish the will of God for LOL Ministry. Through this internship program interns will be equipped with both practical and spiritual tools to learn how to operate in unity, resolve conflict, discover their gifts and grow in the attitude and nature of Christ.
$450 per month. Includes food, lodging & visa.
Transportation to Belize and in Belize, snacks, medical care, personal items, and spending money.
The internship program is a one year commitment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be living in Jacintoville, which is about 8 miles west of Punta Gorda. Punta Gorda is located at the southern tip of Belize.
Communal living, indoor restroom facilities, moderate living conditions. (Interns live in the same building as Staff and children. The female interns room together, and the male interns room together). Punta Gorda town is about 15 minutes away from LOL campus. Christianity is accepted in Belize.
Working hours are roughly from 7:00am to 9:00pm. There are breaks and off hours throughout the day. You will have at least one day off during the week.
- Breakfast/morning duties: 7:00am-8:00am
- Devotions: 8:30am-9:30am
- Off: 9:00-12:00 pm
- Lunch: 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Afternoon Duties: 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Afternoon Meeting: 3:00-3:30pm
- Tutoring: 4:00-6:00pm
- Dinner: 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Evening Duties: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Overnight assignments as needed
Opportunities for Service:
The work you will be doing includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Ladies – cooking, childcare, administrative work, tutoring, cleaning, hosting teams, and construction.
- Men – construction, vehicle maintenance, lawn care, administrative work, hosting teams, childcare, tutoring, cleaning, and cooking.
Interns have several opportunities to participate in ministry while at LOL:
- Share their testimony of salvation
- Assist in hosting short-term teams
- Assist with worship both for LOL and at the local churches
- Participate in the Sunday school, youth group or adult ministry at the local churches
We pray that the time that you have in the internship program would be a time to focus on your relationship with God. For that reason we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- No dating allowed until both of the individuals have been with LOL for one year.
- After one year’s time all relationships are to be approved by Jervis and Melissa.
The entire program consists of required attendance during morning devotions (Monday-Friday). This training will include, but not be limited to:
- Operating in the unity of vision.
- Recognizing the diversity of skills amongst each individual player and combine them to walk in unity.
- Discovering the pathway to walk in victory, through loyalty and commitment, as a dedicated leader.
- Learning how to become a better leader by strengthening your leadership abilities.
- Learning to ignite the desire for an intimate relationship with Christ.
- Establishing an unshakable foundation to create godly life patterns.
- You will be given the practical tools to know how to delve deep into the hidden secrets of God.
- Learning to pray, seek, study and discover the mysteries of God.
- You will be given instruction on how to use practical tools to accurately study the Bible
Steps To Becoming An Intern
All intern positions available are considered volunteer.
- Read LOL Ministry mission statement & core values, beliefs, and internship program information.
- Submit completed internship application online.
- Submit a resume
- Submit recent headshot photo to email@example.com.
- Referral Forms. E-mail the following link to 3 non-relatives, that you have known a minimum of 1 year. Completed forms are automatically sent to LOL. http://form.jotform.co/form/22416979135864
- Submit a letter of reference from your pastor or someone of leadership in your church.
Steps 1-6 must be completed and approved prior to proceeding to additional steps. You will receive an email at this time.
After approval of steps 1-6, an Application Fee of $100 is required (please send check to LOL Ministry, 501 Weld County Road 48, Berthoud, CO 80513. Write your name on the memo line.) Steps 7-11 are forms that need to be read, signed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep the originals you will need to bring them upon approval to volunteer with LOL.
7. Scanned Bio-data page of your passport
8. National Background Check Permission Slip - Download Here (PDF File)
9. Medical Clearance Form - Download Here (PDF File)
10. Code of Conduct Agreement - Download Here (PDF File)
11. Whistleblower Contract -Download Here (PDF File)
Information For Accepted Interns
All finances for the time of your stay are due before you arrive to Belize.
$450 per month:
Includes food, lodging & visa fees.
*Not included: Transportation to Belize, gas for leisure travel, snacks, medical care, personal items, and spending money.
Generally it is best to start raising funds 4 to 6 months in advance.
Tax deductible donations need to have your assigned LOL account number and can be:
1) Mailed to:
501 WCR 48
Berthoud, CO 80513
2) Submitted online at http://www.lolministry.com/donations/
What To Bring:
You will be sent a list via e-mail, but please take a look at our dress code.
Girls Dress Code Pictures (PDF File)
Things NOT Allowed:
- Drugs, alcohol or any tobacco products.
- Drug, alcohol or any tobacco paraphernalia.
- Secular music, magazines or books.
NOTE: Expensive jewelry is worn at your own risk.